The Field Director is a “Supervisor-in-Training” who (1) targets struggling branches, i.e.,
branches with high delinquency, low refinancing or poor audit results, (2) troubleshoots the
branch’s issue(s) and (3) identifies and directs resolution. The Field Director will also cover the
District Supervisor or Branch Manager in the event of an absence, whether due to turnover,
illness, vacation, etc., assuming the role of the District Supervisor (Branch Manager) and
maintaining or improving profitability in the District (Branch).
Additionally, the Field Director provides branch-level training support for District Supervisors,
Branch Managers and their teams. The Field Director is fully integrated into the field culture
and works hand-in-hand with the District Supervisor, State Vice President, and Director of
Operations Administration. With the assistance of the Field Director, these Company leaders
can pin-point and address their training and development needs, specifically lending,
collections, policy and compliance. The Field Director role is a preparatory role for promotion
to District Supervisor.
• Ensure that Region adheres to all internal and external audit requirements, Company
policies and operational procedures.
• Serve as back-up for District Supervisor/Branch Manager when District Supervisor/Branch
Manager is absent, ill, on vacation, etc.
• Travel within Region to troubled branches, analyzing branch activity and identifying the
• Diagnose branch issues and/or disparities and facilitate resolution, including hands-on
training and demonstration, when needed.
• Provide employment applicant interview and selection support for Region, including the
screening and interviewing of candidates or the vetting of candidate references.
• Ensure strong linkage of training programs to overall business initiatives and operational
• Identify opportunities to contain and/or minimize operating costs.
• Deliver, drive and assess the execution of targeted training outcomes, including Onboarding
and the use of SMC University for individual and professional development.
• Travels with Assistant Branch Manager to demonstrate SMC field calling techniques and to
review the processes and policies related to field calling.
• Work collaboratively with other departments and subject matter experts to ensure the
branches are in strategic alignment with Company priorities.
• Facilitate instructor-led workshops, as needed.
• Evaluate the effectiveness/ROI of training initiatives.
• High School diploma or GED
• Valid driver's license
• Minimum of 5 years in consumer finance
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Branch Manager role
• Has successfully managed an SMC branch
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage timelines.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft applications.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Creative thinking with initiative and self-motivation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must pass drug and background screens.
• Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
• Willingness to travel up to 60%, primarily within Region.
• Willingness to relocate within the SMC footprint.
• This position is full-time, approximately 40–50 hours per week that may include some
evenings and Saturdays. Periodic overtime may be required. Regular, timely, and
predictable adherence to assigned work schedule is an essential function of the job.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job, at any time.