The District Supervisor identifies, recommends and implements initiatives to effectively develop
and expand district operations while maintaining and communicating awareness of competitive
markets to improve profitability through the district. The District Supervisor manages direct
reports that include Branch Managers.
• Achieves profitability goals established for and approved by Management.
• Enforces collection, credit extension, cash control, operation standards, asset control
procedures, etc. within the assigned district.
• Identifies opportunities to contain and/or minimize operating costs.
• Identifies and develops, if any, designated staff for succession planning.
• Manages employees by applying proper motivational techniques and thorough training
• Evaluates and communicates the performance of supervised employees and reports
such to senior management.
• Travels with Assistant Branch Manager to demonstrate SMC field calling techniques and
to review the processes and policies related to field calling.
• Effectively develops plans and schedules daily work assignments to be accomplished by
• Provides input for determining the need for new hires and is directly involved with the
• Ensures that the district adheres to all internal and external audit requirements and that
all corrective action is implemented immediately.
• Adheres to all Company policies and operational procedures.
• Generates and provides various company reports that include district statistics,
delinquent account status, progress reports, and insurance claims.
• Submits operating expenses to Corporate for payment of expenses, insurance claims
and telephone expense.
• Provides personnel records, develops and communicates weekly itinerary.
• Provides input for salary action and disciplinary action, including termination of
• Complies with and enforces all federal/state laws and regulations regarding equal
employment including strict avoidance of discrimination and harassment issues, OSHA,
safety requirements, etc.
• High School diploma or GED
• Valid driver's license
• Minimum of 5 years in consumer finance
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Branch Manager role
• Solid accounting experience and knowledge of accounting principles.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Has successfully managed an SMC branch
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, effectively manage time and meet daily, monthly and yearly
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
• Strong organizational skills
• Creative thinking with initiative and self-motivation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must pass drug and background screens
• Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• Willingness to travel up to 60%, primarily within Region
• Willingness to relocate within the SMC footprint
• This position is full-time, approximately 40–50 hours per week that may include some
evenings and Saturdays. Periodic overtime may be required. Regular, timely, and
predictable adherence to assigned work schedule is an essential function of the job.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job, at any time.